This spicy and sweet salsa falls perfectly into narrow window of low-effort and easy-to-impress. It takes just 5 minutes to throw together, but it'll make your friends say, "Wait, you made that?"
You can smugly reply that yes, in fact, you did make this delicious, colorful corn salsa, thank you for asking.
This salsa is perfect for summer and tastier and more interesting that store-bought salsa by a landslide. For a smokier flavor, grill whole ears of corn and slice off the kernels. Like more spice? Use the whole jalapeno! Have lots of friends or feeling particularly hungry (I'm more often the latter)? Double or triple the recipe — you won't regret it.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 0 minutes
Total Time: 5 minutes
- 2 cups corn (fresh, canned, or frozen and thawed)
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, quartered
- ½ medium red onion, diced
- ½ cup cilantro, finely chopped
- ½ jalapeno, de-seeded and finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lime, juiced
- salt and pepper to taste
- (optional) tortilla chips for scooping
1. If using fresh corn, slice off the cob (about 3 ears). If using frozen corn, thaw on a stove top or in the microwave. For canned corn, simply drain. Chop all veggies and herbs, being particularity mindful of washing your hand thoroughly after handling the jalapeno.
2. Combine all ingredients in a bowl, stirring well. Add salt and pepper to taste. Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week or freeze for later use. Enjoy!