Raspberry Chia Jam
Secondly only to the Barack Obama Chia Pet, this jam is the perfect use for these amazing little seeds. Besides being packed with omega-3s and fiber, chia seeds are great at absorbing liquids and transforming into a thick gel-like consistency. With just two ingredients and ten minutes, you can whip up this easy, sugar-free jam.
Prep Time: 0 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes (plus time for cooling)
Servings: 8 (about 16 tablespoons)
- 2 cups fresh or frozen raspberries (or fruit of choice)
- 2 tbsp. chia seeds
- Optional: Sweetener like maple syrup or agave.
1. Heat the fruit in a saucepan over medium heat until it starts to break down and is warm and bubbly, about 5 minutes.
2. Add in chia seeds and continue to cook for 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside to cool for about one hour. The jam will thicken as it cools. I really love the tart flavor of this jam, but feel free to add a sweetener like agave if you'd like.
3. Spread on toast, drizzle over oats eat with a spoon. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to two weeks, or freeze for later use.
Tips and Tricks:
*If using a larger fruit, such as large strawberries or stone fruits, chop your fruit into medium sized pieces first.