Creamy Avocado Pasta
This thick and creamy avocado pasta recipe is loaded with omega-3s, potassium and tons of flavor. One of my go-to weeknight dinner recipes, this meal takes less than 15 minutes start-to-finish and requires nothing more than a food processor and some basic ingredients.
Enjoy all the creamy-goodness with none of the actual cream! #saucy
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 6 ounces spaghetti or pasta of choice (I used whole wheat spaghetti)
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled and pit removed
- ¼ cup fresh basil leaves
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Optional: 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
1. Bring a pot of water to a boil and cook your pasta according to directions. Drain and set aside.
2. Combine all ingredients accept tomatoes in a food processor. Blend until smooth and creamy. Add salt and pepper to taste.
3. In a large bowl or pot, combine cooked pasta and avocado sauce, mixing well. Transfer to a bowl and garnish with fresh tomatoes and basil. Enjoy!