Chocolate Chip Granola Bars
Granola bars are a great grab-and-go snack, but store-bought versions can cost a small fortune if you're eating them on a daily basis. Additionally, you have to throw away a plastic wrapper each time you eat one! You can reduce your spending and waste by making granola bars at home with just a handful of ingredients.
These no-bake granola bars are nutty, chewy and chocolatey. Customize them by adding your own favorite nuts, seeds and dried fruits.
Prep Time: 0 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
Servings: 8 bars
- 1 c packed medjool dates, pitted (220g)
- ¼ c maple syrup or agave nectar (84g)
- ¼ c nut butter (I used almond butter, 64g)
- 1 c almonds, roughly chopped (112g)
- 1 ½ c quick oats (gluten-free if necessary, 120g)
- ½ c chocolate chips (dairy-free, 90g)
- 1 pinch salt (omit if using salted nut butter)
1. Line an 8x8 baking pan with parchment paper. If using whole almonds, roughly chop. Remove the pits from your medjool dates and transfer to your food processor. Blend, scraping sides as needed, until a thick, jammy paste forms.
2. In a medium-sized bowl, combine the maple syrup and nut butter. Stir until smooth
3. In a large bowl, combine all dry ingredients and mix well. Add in blended dates and liquid mixture, stirring until evenly coated. Transfer granola bar mixture to lined baking tin.
4. Lightly press mixture into the pan using your hands. Once evenly distributed, cover with another sheet of parchment paper and use a flat-bottomed mug or jar to press the mixture into the pan. Press firmly and thoroughly to remove any air pockets.
5. Transfer to the refrigerator for 30 minutes. Remove and cut into 8 bars. Store in the refrigerator or freezer in an airtight container. Enjoy!