Crispy Cauliflower Tacos
Let's take a moment to taco 'bout cauliflower. Broccoli's pale cousin often gets overlooked in the produce aisle, but before you give up on this cruciferous little guy, give these tacos a try.
Crispy cauliflower tacos are the perfect go-to summertime meal for when you've got friends coming over or when you're just feeling a like having a "treat-yo-self" kind of day. The cauliflower filling is packed with flavor and a pinch of heat, which pairs perfectly with the creamy cilantro lime yogurt sauce.
Depending on your personal preference or what ingredients you have on hand, you can quickly and easily customize these tasty tacos.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
For Cauliflower Filling:
- 1 head cauliflower, chopped or broken into florets
- 3 tbsp. taco seasoning (or make it yourself)
- 1 tbsp. olive oil (or oil of choice)
For Cilantro Lime Yogurt Sauce:
- 1 cup plain, unsweetened plant-based yogurt
- 1 tbsp. lime juice (about ½ lime)
- 2 tbsp. chopped cilantro
- 6 small/medium tortillas or taco shells
+ other fillings of choice, like:
- Fresh tomato
- Red Onion
1. Preheat oven to 425 °F. Break or chop the head of cauliflower into small to medium sized florets. Toss with taco seasoning and olive oil, coating well. Transfer to baking sheet and roast for 20 minutes, stirring half way through.
2. While the cauliflower is in the oven, make the cilantro lime yogurt sauce. Combine all ingredients and mix until smooth and creamy. Prepare any additional fillings or ingredients.
3. Stuff your tortillas or taco shells (and then your face) to your heart's desire.