Apple Pie Overnight Oats
I was first introduced to the idea of overnight oats a few years ago and could not believe what I had been missing. All the deliciousness of oatmeal, but without the actual cooking. Overnight oats are also perfect for those warmer summer months when you try to avoid turning on your stove whenever possible and but still want a hearty breakfast.
The crispness of the apple pairs well with the sweetness of the maple syrup and cinnamon. And because you can make these in a jar, these oats make a quick and portable weekday breakfast.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 0 minutes
Total Time: 5 minutes
- ¾ cup rolled oats (60g)
- ¾ cup plant milk (store bought or homemade)
- 2 tbsp. applesauce (or finely diced apple) (30g)
- 1 tbsp. maple syrup or agave (15g)
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- Optional toppings like nuts, seeds or fresh fruit
1. Combine all ingredients in a jar or other airtight container.
Shake well, until combined. Transfer to the refrigerator and let soak overnight. Enjoy!