Almond Cardamom Cookies
It can be hard to find a gluten free, grain free and vegan cookie recipe that can actually hold it's own to a "normal" cookie. That said, these almond cardamom cookies are downright delicious.
The edges are slightly crispy with a soft and decadent center. The almond flour gives these cookies a subtle and sweet nutty flavor while the cardamom and cinnamon create a flavor that is far more interesting that most common cookies.
Prep Time: 0 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted (28g)
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup or agave (45g)
- 1 flax egg (1 tbsp. Ground flax seed + 2 ½ tbsp. hot water)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups almond flour (200g)
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon fine-grain sea salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp cardamom
- 1 tbsp. slivered almonds (optional, to decorate)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Prepare a lined baking sheet.
Combine all liquid ingredients (coconut oil, maple syrup, flax egg and vanilla) and stir to combine. In a separate bowl, whisk together all dry ingredients.
2. Combine the wet and dry ingredients and stir until a smooth dough is formed.
3. Scoop spoonfuls of the dough onto your prepared baking sheet, pressing down gently with a fork to flatten slightly. This should make approx. 12-16 cookies, depending on the size you like. Add a slivered almond for décor if desired.
4. Bake until edges are lightly golden in color, about 9 minutes.